The early years are an important time to establish healthy behaviours that will promote children’s development, readiness to learn and life-long health. Child care is ideally placed to help children develop healthy behaviours and to support parents to provide healthy eating and active play at home. The Child Care Healthy Eating and Active Living training will provide you with information on the importance of healthy eating and active play for young children and ideas to implement the Child Care Healthy Eating and Active Living Guidelines in your child care setting.
- Supervisors and child care providers are to complete modules 1 to 9 (2 courses: Part 1 and Part 2).
- Municipal cooks are to complete modules 1 to 6 (Part 1), this course only.
- Complete each module at your own pace before selecting the next module.
- Each module takes approximately 5 to 10 minutes.
- Complete the client satisfaction survey.
- Select the Child Care Healthy Eating and Active Living web link to access the Guidelines, and additional resources such as menus, recipes, and BOKS Bursts and BOKS Bits resources for healthy eating and active play ideas.
- Confirm and print out your course progress/completions.
- Teacher: Lorrie Levesque